Customer Success & Marketing Intern
Editorial Projects in Education, Inc. (EPE), the publisher of Education Week, is looking for an engaging, proactive, organized, and consistent Customer Success & Marketing Intern to join the Marketing Team in early January and plan to continue through the Winter, Spring and Summer of 2023 with possibility to extend (minimum 6-month commitment).
About Education Week
Education Week (), America’s most trusted source of K-12 education news, analysis, and opinion, is a digital-first news operation with a 40-year track record in print and online journalism that is dedicated to raising the level of awareness and understanding among professionals and the public of important issues in American education.
Education Week’s parent company, Editorial Projects in Education (EPE), is a non-profit media organization that serves the nation’s K-12 district leaders, educators, policymakers, researchers, marketers and other influencers with informed, independent, and highly respected journalism and research, with the goal of improving U.S. K-12 education.
Learn more about the business and marketing side of media by working across the customer success, marketing, and sales departments within a news organization. The Customer Success & Marketing Internship offers an ambitious current student or recent graduate the opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting group subscription account management, customer success, communications, and engagement marketing.
The individual in this role can expect to:
- Gain exposure to and enhance their skills in customer support, communications, and marketing.
- Use leading business intelligence platforms including Salesforce, Atlassian as well as subscription management platforms.
- Collaborate with leaders within the organization across multiple departments.
- Support the growth of a new organizational function.
- Self-lead projects that are fundamental to business growth and help the intern build marketable skills.
- Contribute to a bustling but fun and collegial work environment where you will have a chance to learn and grow.
Ideal candidates will have a basic knowledge and/or interest in the field of Business, Communications, Social Science, Marketing, and/or Journalism and possess an eagerness to further the mission of Education Week. Preference will be given to candidates who can begin immediately and work a minimum of six months, approximately 25 hours a week, remotely. Preference is also given to those candidates that are able and willing to work in the office occasionally.
Assist in diverse customer service efforts including but not limited to: responding to customer concerns, updating accounts on subscription/membership platforms, researching customer accounts, compiling trends and identifying points of friction as observed from customer inquiries, proactively reaching out to customers at various points of a subscription/membership lifecycle, preparing customer success collateral, proof-reading, completing audits of customer data in various platforms, etc. This is a paid internship that requires a commitment of 20-29 hours per week and is currently a remote, hybrid, or in-person position. The team members you will be working most closely with will be in the office regularly.
- Listen to customers’ questions and concerns and provide answers and responses while reviewing and making changes to customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain communication in a cooperative and professional manner with customers, vendors, and other members of the education community.
- Participate, with due preparation, in meetings needed to further Education Week products, projects, and priorities.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the Customer Success Manager and group subscription sales and marketing teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer support skills
- Strong ability to problem-solve and think of a range of solutions to an issue
- Can multitask and prioritize activities based on customer needs
- Ability to answer customer inquiries quickly and professionally
- Exhibits attention-to-detail and patience
- Can self-motivate with ability to manage time in a productive way
- Ability to find the positive in any situation
Benefits and Perks
Education Week is a vibrant workplace that is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD right outside of Washington, DC. We value innovation, leadership, and forward-thinking, and provide a friendly, intellectual, challenging work environment where employees can thrive and grow professionally.
Education Week is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. EdWeek is committed to maintaining a diverse and multicultural working environment.
Education Week will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.