- Bethesda, MD
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Education Week, a nonprofit media organization that serves the nation’s leading K-12 policymakers, educators, researchers, businesses, and other influencers with informed, independent, and highly respected journalism and research, is seeking a Digital Analyst to join our Audience Engagement and Analytics team.
Education Week is in the midst of a significant transformation initiative and the Digital Analyst plays a critical role in helping us achieve our mission and business goals. We seek a strategic individual who can help us put audience at the focus of our work and contribute to the continued evolution of the most highly respected news organization in K-12 education.
The Digital Analyst leads our web analytics efforts to identify trends, expose new opportunities, and answer key business and editorial questions about audience behaviors and needs. We are looking for someone with an inherent curiosity, a knack for asking insightful questions, and a passion for solving complex problems using analytical thinking and an understanding of an organization’s mission and business goals.
- Find the story in the metrics, and create and communicate findings by analyzing data from a variety of sources, both quantitative and qualitative
- Use Adobe Analytics and other e-mail, social, and audience measurement tools, to provide on-demand analysis and address key editorial and business needs.
- Create regular analytics findings and actionable recommendations in a manner tailored to the internal audience, including via reports and dashboards.
- Derive insights from A/B testing to help support site experience improvements and other business objectives.
- Serve as an analytics champion across the organization helping others to understand how to use data to inform their work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience using web analytics (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) or other major data sets to inform and support growth in an organization and deep expertise in Excel and/or statistics.
- Background in data analysis, tag manager platforms, customer data platforms, statistics, data visualization or other business intelligence tools, SEO, or A/B testing experience is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
Education Week is a vibrant workplace that is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD, right outside of Washington, DC. . We are within short walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops, the Metro, and are adjacent to The Capital Crescent Trail. However, due to the COVID-19 emergency, our Bethesda office is currently closed, and our staff is working remotely for the foreseeable future. The expectation We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401(k), PTO, and tuition assistance. We value innovation, leadership, and forward-thinking, and provide a friendly, intellectual, challenging work environment where employees can thrive and grow professionally.
Though the office is currently working remotely, this is NOT a remote position. This position will be located and performed within the Bethesda, MD office when the office reopens and candidates that live within regular commuting distance to the office or are willing to relocate to the DC/MD/VA area are preferred.
Education Week strongly values equity and believes in a society where all children have access to high quality K-12 education. As such, Education Week is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. EdWeek is committed to maintaining a diverse and multicultural working environment.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)