Contract Video Producer (Events)
Education Week, the nation’s premier news organization covering K-12 education, is looking for a versatile and creative Contract Video Producer (Events) to support a talented team of visual storytellers.
The Video Producer (Events) is a member of the Visual and Immersive Experiences team and is responsible for helping to create video content to support EdWeek’s live, hybrid and online events throughout the year. Under the direction of the Visuals Editor, the video producer (events) will work alongside other producers, as well as other staff and visual colleagues to create content for multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will efficiently manage their time while working on multiple projects and be able to bounce nimbly between them. They’ll be able to run a livestream from an EdWeek event one day, while spending the next day pulling wire photos to accompany EdWeek’s timely and substantive reporting.
This contractor position will require approximately 24 hours of work per week, and the term of the contract is flexible. Pay is commensurate with skill and experience and will be discussed directly with the candidate. Candidates both in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore area as well as those who telework from remote locations will be considered. This position does not include benefits.
- Conceptualize, plan, shoot, edit, and produce video for multiple platforms from EdWeek’s live and hybrid events
- Coordinate with events team to plan coverage of events, as well as brainstorming and producing pre-event and post-event video content for different platforms
- Assist photo team in pulling wire photos and assigning photographers for EdWeek editorial coverage
- Provide support to the photo and video teams at large
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years related experience in a fast-paced news/media/information or event production environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Solid news judgment, strong story sense and the ability to interview, edit and produce content
- Great attention to detail and ability to perform duties under deadlines
- Ability to produce content to a high technical and ethical standard
- Advanced grasp of time management and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Interested in all forms of visual journalism – from video and photography to still and motion graphics
- Great communicator, comfortable working with colleagues on team and across company
- Working knowledge of the best types of video for different social media platforms
- Understanding of live video event coverage and livestream processes
About Education Week
Education Week (www.edweek.org), America’s most trusted source of K-12 education news, analysis, and opinion, is a digital-first news operation with a 40-year track record in print and online journalism that is dedicated to raising the level of awareness and understanding among professionals and the public of important issues in American education. We are expert. We are principled. We are welcoming. We are passionate. A leading authority in an ever-evolving space, we bring experience to our journalism and research without bias or agenda. We offer services that create real impact, providing accessible content and resources that ignite conversations and spark action across the K-12 ecosystem.
Education Week’s parent company, Editorial Projects in Education (EPE), is a non-profit media organization that serves the nation’s leading K-12 policymakers, educators, researchers, marketers, and other influencers with informed, independent, and highly respected journalism and research, with the goal of improving U.S. K-12 education.
Education Week strongly values equity and believes in a society where all children have access to high quality K-12 education. As such, Education Week is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. EdWeek is committed to maintaining a diverse and multicultural working environment.